Installation and Deployment
- Support deployment of the IOMesh cluster in the all-flash mode.
- Support deployment of the IOMesh cluster using the offline installation package.
Support providing iSCSI storage services to the compute platforms disaggregated from the IOMesh cluster.
- Implement the NodeGetVolumeStas interface in CSI Spec and support PV monitoring with third-party monitoring platforms such as Prometheus.
- Support displaying the connection status of Chunk services.
- Declare reserved CPU and memory resources for IOMesh Operator, NDM, and Zookeeper Operator to ensure the QoS of their pods.
- Introduce Webhook to avoid unexpected parameter changes of clusters.
- Simplify IOMesh installation by improving the IOMesh deployment script.
- Optimize the license renewal method to update the license using the Kubernetes API.
- Optimize the replica policy with only replication factor two or three is supported.
- Optimize the process of ZBS upgrade.
- Optimize the Liveness/Readyness probing methods of IOMesh pods to avoid false alarms due to high system load.
The issues listed below are resolved in this release.
- NDM 1.7.x creates partitions for the disk by default when the WWID is not identified, causing the disk to be not mounted as cacheWithJournal or dataStoreWithJournal.
- The disk cannot be mounted when installing IOMesh Operator in the OpenShift Container Platform.
- The IOMesh system crashes because the loop device has been mounted by NDM.
- Probe cannot get the process status and causes a CrashLoop, as the process name has been modified.
- Memory leaks because Probe does not close RPC connections.
- Memory leaks due to ZBS Client not being freed.
- The newly created pods attached with PVCs time out when the number of pods attached with PVCs on a Kubernetes worker node exceeds 100.
- A timeout occurs when formatting a PV as an XFS file system, as the size of PV exceeds 5TB.
- The disk cannot be mounted while device manager logs show messages of successful mounting.
- Replica factor of PVs by CSI volume cloning may not be consistent with original PVs.
IOMesh supports servers running on Intel x86_64 and AMD x86_64 architectures.
IOMesh Offline Installation Package
- Download Links: https://download.smartx.com/iomesh-offline-v0.11.0.tgz
- MD5: 25facf99281705129a9920bb899e43d2